Sunday, January 15, 2012

Insults for Black Girls By Black Girls

When they realize their jokes about 'ya mama' are exhausted.
When it dawns on them that 'dissing' the length or texture of your hair don't work.
When they inwardly acknowledge the likelihood they're probably just as broke as you are.
When they see that you're comfortable in last years shoes.


That's when they'll go for the, "that's why you don't have a man" ace in the hole.
As if a bed with two bodies in it is the Black Woman's life long ambition.
But I've discovered, my bed's never cold so long as I'm in it.




3 comments:

  1. As if to say my contentment with my life isn't valid....there has to be a man around for happiness to exist in the black woman's life. Why do we always make this assumption? And why do some women allow this "ace in the hole" anger them? Of we're really at peace we don't need the validation of a mate. But furthermore, if we're really happy and content we won't be searching for ways to cut someone else down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. E. I'm gonna need some time to think of a proper answer. Shout out to Darryl!!

    ReplyDelete